A 21st Century Leader with Innovative Ideas
Raising the Bar for Everyone
I am running for office because:
- I have a passion to serve and empower my community
- I enjoy a challenge, specially by the status quo
- My 25 years of leadership and international management experience as a businesswoman and as a science documentary producer will be an asset to our District
* * * * * * *
The message is clear, our country needs a new direction. My District will spearhead the evolution of leadership needed in our state. My constituents will have a voice in shaping the future of our country.
I will bring:
- 21st Century standards to all areas in our District
- Vision, efficiency, improvement, modernization, financial stability, and transparency to taxpayers
- Leadership, trustworthiness, and ethical stewardship
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Experience with rigorous budgets and deadlines
- Experience in hiring and training staff and working with unions
- Experience in negotiating fair contracts, wages and permits
- Innate and unique ability in solving problems, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in TV productions and Media relations
My top priorities and policies areas are:
- Free Public Education (P-20) for All / Trade-Tech HS
- Research-Based Advisory Board
- Women's Rights / Equal Pay
- Living Wage
- LIVE Streaming Interactive Town Halls
- Public Service Announcements
- Science for All / Virtual-Augmented Reality STEAM Laboratories
- Green Jobs and Training
- STOP Climate Change / Prevention and remediation strategy / BAN fracking
- Single-payer (Healthy California Act SB-562)
- Immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship
- Affordable housing for All
- Consumer rights
- Dark money out of politics
My personal and professional interests:
- I have a passion for positive behavior change, and I lead by example
- I am a very active person that loves sports and the outdoors
- I believe that motivating and engaging teens and young adults to engage in sports gives them the discipline needed to sustain a healthy lifestyle
- I am a firm believer of using science, technology and the Media to benefit society
I am a follower of Plato's Conviction: “Enlightened individuals have an obligation to the rest of society, and a good society must be one in which the truly wise are the rulers."
* * * * * * *
VIEW: CALIFORNIA STATE SENATE DISTRICT 36 MAP
* * * * * * *
Thank you for placing your trust and confidence in my abilities to be your Senator for our district. It is my honor and privilege to run for this position and to work with you. Your VOICE will shape the future of our country!
I am part of a new movement of people who believe in doing what's right, and standing on un-wavering principles, no matter what - When we stand together, we win.
I want everyone in my district to have the same opportunities in life, and have California lead the country. Together we can raise the bar.
* * * * * * *
As a political activist - I was deeply involved in campaigning for the 2016 presidential candidate, Bernie Sanders. On May 1, 2016, I was voted # 1 Female Delegate for Bernie Sanders for the 49th Congressional District in California. At the Democratic National Convention I, as part of the 1,900 delegates for Bernie Sanders, made history by doing everything I could to make the Democratic platform as progressive as it can be. Together we stood up and fought to make sure that the working class had a voice in this country. We raised our voices and signs for issues such as “No TPP”, “Medicare for All”, “No More Wars”, resulting in getting the attention of the 15,000 journalists attending the convention and the right exposure needed for the issues. After returning from the convention, I campaigned for Tri-City Healthcare District Board of Directors (Vista, Oceanside, Carlsbad) in San Diego County, California, and garnered 22,759 votes.
As a community leader - I am very active in my community for issues that matter the most. I raise awareness, speak out, champion change, and I usually LIVE stream our events and protests. I spur civic engagement and encourage more people to run for office.
As a TV/Film Producer - For the past twenty-five years, I have been promoting Peru as a filming destination throughout all media platforms in the United States. I have managed numerous television shows and films on locations in South-America. My area of expertise is operating in unconventional environments from tropical rain-forests and deserts to Volcanoes, and on-board diverse platforms including ships, aircraft and NOAA vessels. Some of my credits include: “Volcano” National Geographic, “Amazon” IMAX, “The Real Avatar-PERU” Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, “Montecarlo”-Machu-Picchu VFX Plate-20th Century Fox and “The Secret of the Incas” Channel 4, London. My expertise includes 25 years promoting, hosting and conducting adventure/scientific trips throughout Peru. I successfully developed Peru as a destination for viewing Halley’s comet and was directly responsible for 6,000 new visitors to the Planetarium in Lima. I am extremely knowledgeable about the geography of Peru and I am equally as well connected with the people.
My clients hire me because I am a creative, efficient, energetic, detailed-oriented, and highly organized individual, with an innate and unique ability to solve problems and deliver the best quality services, exceeding my client’s expectations. I have the highest integrity and work ethic, I get the job done!
Educational Background: I have a Bachelor's degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Small Business and Political Science, a technical degree in Computer Programming, and am a graduate student in the field of Business Journalism.
* * * * * * *
PAID FOR BY Marggie Castellano for CA Senate d-36 2018 - FPPC # 1399445